We believe that through art and education, we can help shift environmental changes with our collective voice in the quilting, home sewing, and craft industries.
To provide education to the public focusing on creative and sustainable quilting, sewing, and crafts via workshops, demonstrations, discussion groups, lectures, exhibits, special programs and the distribution of creative and sustainable information through written media and the Internet.
Create and Sustain will provide one space to:
- Celebrate companies that are making environmentally sound decisions
- Highlight designers that use environmentally safe products and/or design sustainable items, and
- Create a community for makers to:
- become educated advocates for change
- support designers that create sustainable items
- collaborate about creative and sustainable ideas